Educational Leadership Program
Admission decisions will be made once a year, with one new cohort beginning each summer. Individuals accepted into a cohort commit to progressing and completing the program with their cohort. Where personal or employment issues are beyond the control of the student, exceptions may be made by the assistant dean.
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A valid teaching certificate or professional experience in education
- Professional employment by a school district or other educational institution (exceptions may be made by the Assistant Dean)
- A minimum of two years experience in professional education before beginning the program
Admission will be based upon
- the quality of the admission essay, i.e. technically correct, coherent, relevant to current issues and generally interesting
- satisfactory recommendations which should address effectiveness as a teacher, potential for leadership and collaborative skills
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (3.0 or a grade of B or better must be recorded for any graduate course to be transferred into a minor area of study)
- volunteer and leadership experiences
Notification of Admission
All materials, including the application form and accompanying essay, as well as transcripts and references arriving from sources other than the applicant, and the application fee, must be received in the MS Ed. Program office before a final admission decision can be made. It is the responsibility of prospective students to ensure that their applications are complete.
Formal notification of a decision may be mailed to the student within two weeks of a completed application.